Quality Assurance Specialist
Are you ready to be a part of something bigger? At EV Logistics, our people create our success!
EV Logistics provides distribution services for one of Western Canada's largest grocery retailers and we're looking for team members with a passion for providing exceptional service to our customers. Our work atmosphere is safety-focused, supportive, collaborative and performance driven. We're committed to continuous improvement and the growth of our employees, with programs that support learning, engagement and career advancement.
EV Logistics is currently seeking a Perishables Quality Assurance Specialist to join the team. This individual will work closely with the Inventory Control team. This position will be based out of our Perishables site at 5016 272nd Street, Langley.
- When product quality at arrival does not meet the appropriate standards, communicate recommendation to reject the purchase order immediately to the Produce buyers for possible alternate disposition
- Oversee continued administration of the Food Safety Standards including ensuring processes and procedures are followed as intended, proper documentation is completed, and audits/inspections are scheduled. Planning to be SQF certified
- Participate in the weekly conference call with Warehouse Manager, sister companies and Produce buyers
- Compile records for reporting vendor performance at the branch on quality and service levels and participate in vendor reviews when required
- Assist the Warehouse Manager with the development and review of product quality specifications
- Work with Warehouse Operations Supervisors and Inventory Control regarding any inconsistencies with inventory or rotation (FIFO)
- Provide subject matter expertise in regards to quality control related process, procedures, and thought processes. Strengthen the link between strong quality control processes and a positive experience for our Retail Customer, and ultimately the end consumer in our stores
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science and Technology, or a related field, or equivalent amount of relevant experience and education. Food industry experience strongly preferred
- Relevant education (or experience) in fresh produce quality assurance, food safety, food quality testing, food science, agriculture, horticulture and/or biology required
- Asset 2-3 years of direct involvement with Perishable Food Distribution
- Knowledge about Shipping/Receiving/Loading in a grocery warehouse setting is an asset
- Experience in HACCP, SQF, quality assurance and good manufacturing practices.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills (i.e. oral and written)
- Shipping/Receiving/Loading in a grocery warehouse setting
Are you energetic and wanting to be part of an amazing team? Are you the person we have been looking for? If yes, please send your resume and cover letter quoting “Reference 17-08” to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.