- EV Logistics, 5111 272nd Street, Langley
- Hours of Work:
- EV Logistics operates on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. As a result, flexibility to work varying shifts is required.
Are you ready to be a part of something bigger? At EV Logistics, our people create our success!
EV Logistics provides distribution services for one of Western Canada's largest grocery retailers and we're looking for team members with a passion for providing exceptional service to our customers. Our work atmosphere is safety-focused, supportive, collaborative and performance driven. We're committed to continuous improvement and the growth of our employees, with programs that support learning, engagement and career advancement.
EV Logistics is currently seeking an Operations Supervisor to join the team. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for managing a team within our high volume distribution centre. This involves leading all aspects of operational performance, customer relations, continuous improvement, and people development.
- Create a positive work environment, building an engaged team atmosphere;
- Responsible for the daily planning and execution of warehouse operations across multiple shifts within a dedicated customer facility;
- Responsible for the welfare and leadership of a group of employees to ensure safe, productive and efficient operations with all shifts;
- Monitor accuracy of employee task completion, paper work and data entry;
- Daily briefings with employees to review objectives, service levels, productivity targets and the allocation of duties;
- Assist with scheduling, and monitoring of all warehouse personnel;
- Assist with the recruitment, orientation and training of warehouse employees;
- Actively participate in continuous improvement and customer partnering initiatives;
- Ensure awareness of and enforce compliance with operations health and safety standards, company operational policies and procedures;
- Ensure safe and efficient use of all mechanical equipment;
- Ensure smooth flow of processes to ensure productivity targets are achieved;
- Maintenance of site sanitation to the highest levels;
- Performance feedback and ongoing evaluation of staff;
- Manage employees through motivation and progressive discipline;
- Responsible to assist with special projects as assigned;
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience
- High school supplemented with post-secondary education;
- Minimum of one to three years in an supervisory position; experience within a union environment would be an asset;
- Applicants must be available to work evening and weekend shifts.
- Exposure to contemporary WMS and radio frequency technology would be an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written form;
- Proven effective management skills in leadership, supervision, teamwork motivation, customer orientation, and planning;
- Proficiency with Windows based computer applications would be an advantage;
- Excellent analytical skill with Strong problem solving skills with the ability to adapt to changes quickly as well as work under time pressures.
Hours of Work:
Do you want to be part of an amazing team? Are you the person we have been looking for? Please send your resume and cover letter quoting “Reference 17-10” to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than end of business day October 20th, 2017.